Monday, March 19, 2007

TWINS?

This past weekend I got to spend some time with Grandpa and Grandma. We went to watch the "Tree of Life" put on by BYU-Idaho orchestra. They did a wonderful job and I was impressed with the talent of that small group. Afterwards, we had dinner, and then as you can imagine Ponkey pulled me into his bedroom to show me a few pictures on his computer. I came across this one. Can you guess who this is? Its Chris and I at the pool in 1982. I cannot believe how much we looked alike. The sad part is, he kept growing. I had a lot of fun looking at old pictures and remembering the good ol' days. I always enjoy my time with them. They made me dinner, and then Grandma and I had a jewelry party. I dont know if you ladies know this or not, but she has some pretty cool stuff stashed away in her closet! Life in SLC is still plugging along. Last Saturday I started a Scuba diving class with some friends. I will be certified in 3 weeks (well, that is if I pass the test!). Then, I think it will be time to plan a trip and put everything I have learned to use... any takers?....Tom and April?

4 comments:

Momma Fran said...

You go girl!! I can take scuba up at the college and have thought of it often. There just aren't many places to scuba in Idaho! The whole trip thing does sound interesting though. Keep me posted on how you like scuba. The picture of you and "Chrissy" , as you used to call him, is darling. Thanks for making me smile.

natalie said...

what a darling picture. i love your tan little bodies. i am so glad you got to play with grandma and ponkey. now that the word is out, i will have to run over and look at grandma's jewelery collection before anyone else gets there! i love you!!!!

Tom and April said...

you're on sister! Name the place and time and we will be there! I'm so excited for you that you are taking scuba classes. It's a whole different, beautiful world down under. Sounds like you had a fun time with ponky and grandma. The jewelery fashion show sounded fun too. I've seen some beautiful things she has, but I bet there's some I haven't seen before.
The picture of you and Chris is darling. Those were fun times.

nbrawley said...

Hey Ashely,

This is Niki (Texas). I think that picture of you and Chris is so cute. I love looking at old pictures. It's funny because I actually have lots of memories at your grandparent's house and swimming in their pool. It's so much fun to remember old times. Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. It is good to hear from you. Hope things are going well for you. Keep in touch.