
Oh you better BELIZE we had an amazing time on the beautiful island of San Pedro! After landing in Belize City, we took a jumper flight over to the island of San Pedro, Belize. The pilot let me sit co-pilot and fly for a bit (it's scary I know...but welcome to Central America). I belive the door was shut and locked only to find that a napkin was holding it safely shut (once again, only in Central America). It was amazing to look out over the ocean and I have never been in an airplane that small before (okay minus the time I studied Amelia Earhart, and talked a flight student into a plane ride at the Fishers airport)....We had such an amazing time. Belize is a culutral mix and they speak Spanish, English and Coreal. Most people on the island drive golf carts for transportation. I will not bore you to death, but some of the highlights were, snorkling, zip lining, eating good food, meeting random funny people from all over the US, My first scuba dive (which was unreal and I can't wait for the next), river floating, a visit to the island branch (oaky twig, only 10 people including kids), reading and relaxing at the pool, the best ice cream ever, and being away for a fantastic break.... I wish I could show some pictures of the dive. Joc and I saw nurse sharks, eels, angel fish, turtles, sting rays. The underwater world is beautiful and so peaceful. What an amazing place, I would go back in a heart beat!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
SAN PEDRO, BELIZE
Posted by Ashley at 3:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That is so awesome that you girls all went and had such a fantastic time!! The pictures look amazing, and I can't wait to hear more details!
What a fabulous time. I wish I could have been there. Glad you got to fly the plane!!!
HOW FUN!!! Those pictures are awesome! I love the picture of you and the local. Such a Mangsy thing to do! I love you!
Wow! This is pure torture looking at the beautiful photos while sitting in my classroom in Westfield, IN! I am so glad you had a blast! Love ya!
What a fun trip! That just totally sounds like a Mangsy vacation...scuba diving and all. Wish i could have tagged along :).
i love that you made friends with ALL the locals! you're funny mangsy! it looks like you had a really good time and i am so glad you got the break. love you!
Hey Mangs!! I love the picture of you with your new boyfriend. Will he be coming to the family reunion?!! I am glad you had a good time.
Wow Mangs! Those pictures are amazing. Love the picture of you with the hottie "native." Ha, ha, ha. I am very jealous of your trip!!!
Post a Comment